450 grams of ground beef or ground turkey
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 and ½ onion
a handful of chopped parsley
¾ cup goat cheese
1 cup cooked amaranth
4 red peppers
salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a frying pan
- Turn the burner on to medium heat and add 1 chopped onion to the oil.
- Once the onions begin to golden, add ground beef
- When the ground beef is cooked, put the mixture aside and continue with part 2
- Finely chop the tomatoes, garlic, ½ onion, parsley.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, onion and parsley into a small pot.
- Bring mixture to boil then allow to simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the mixture turns into a sauce and the tomatoes begin to soften it is ready. Continue with part 3
- Add cooked amaranth to goat cheese and egg in a bowl. Mix together.
Putting it All Together
- When the tomato sauce is ready, combine it with the beef mixture, and amaranth mixture in a large glass bowl.
- Cut the tops off each peppers and scoop out seeds and membrane.
- Add mixture into each pepper
- Bake in oven on 375° for approximately 40 minutes or until the top the pepper become soft.
- Garnish with parsley
Printer Friendly Version
Marianna Vakopoulos © 2013 www.mariannavakopoulos.com